Monday, June 11, 2007

Grilled Vegetable Quesadillas / Curried Cauliflower and Pooris


I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I know I completely flaked out and neglected the blog last week, but Leigh, my little sister, and her boyfriend Jae are spending the summer with me and Nona in my little row house and they just moved in 2 weeks ago! We've been having a blast and Leigh has even been helping in the kitchen.

Two Sundays ago we made one of Leigh and my favorite summertime meals, grilled vegetable quesadillas with fresh salsa. Aaron added Spanish rice with pigeon peas and fried plantains which really took it to a new level. I don't think anyone needed a second helping of this meal, frankly we really should have served it with an extra plate.

This past Sunday I made a lovely cauliflower curry which we served over Aaron's homemade wholewheat pooris (fried flat bread) with a side of tabbouleh and mixed greens. Nutty, sweet, and tangy...crispy, creamy and crunchy it was a well balanced meal representing Thai, Indian and Middle Eastern flavors on the same plate.

FYI...July 1st will be Aaron and my last night in the kitchen for about a month and a half so I'd like to open it up to all you regulars to vote for your favorite meal so far and we'll remake it. Post a comment here or email me at lauren.urbschat@gmail.com. Cast your vote by June 22.

I'm taking most of the summer of because I'm literally going to be out of town for like 6 weekends in a row! I believe the Brillobox is going to continue the tradition while we are on hiatus so I'll keep you posted. As always, thanks for coming!

This week we're sticking with our summer theme and bringing you grilled portabello burgers, pasta salad with sweet peas and feta and corn on the cob.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Your vegetable quesadillas were heaven on a plate! My friends and I come to your dinners whenever we can and just love them. Thanks so much for your delicious food. We are big fans. See you next Sunday.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Lauren C'an Urbschat said...

thanks liz, keep on coming! so are the quesadillas your vote for people's choice?

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home