Monday, April 23, 2007

My Mom's Cheesy Rice

This week we made veggie burritos stuffed with a mixture of tempeh, broccoli, zucchini, shredded carrots, refried beans and lots of cheese. These loaded wraps were accompanied by black bean and corn salad and My Mom's Cheesy Rice which received rave reviews.

Aaron and I set up an assembly line and whipped out a ton of burritos only to have the spectacular weather convince many of our regulars to remain outdoors. We still had a nice crowd but it was just my luck that I decided to cook for 75 rather than 60 this week. Oh well, $2 Tuesday will have an extra special menu.


My Mom's Cheesy Rice

Rice
- 4 cups cooked
Cheese - the more the better
Sour Cream - 1 container
Chilies - 1 can chopped green
Salt - from the sea
Pepper - fresh cracked

Just mix everything together and squish into a baking pan. Bake at 350 until the top gets crispy.

My mom has always made this with plain white rice and was a little nervous when I told her I was making it with basmati but it turned out great!

Speaking of my mom...she's coming to visit soon! Not next Sunday but the Sunday after that Momma Urbschat is coming to Pittsburgh and will definitely be making an appearance at that week's Sunday Supper. She might even be helping Aaron and I in the kitchen! We'll have to make something extra good that week...I'll keep you posted.

Side Note...My mom, from whom I get my propensity for cooking and marketing, owns TSM Design, a really cool ad agency in Springfield, MA. Their new website is awesome, check out this link if you want to see where I also get my good looks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home