Thursday, April 19, 2007

Spicy Peanut and Ginger Stew

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, It's almost next Sunday already! I know this is late getting up, but you'll have to forgive me as this past weekend was just a little hectic, what with Dance Alloy Theater's Spring Season opening on Friday. Everything went really well though, thanks for asking!

I skipped the Sunday matinee just to cook, so thanks to everyone who came out. This week went really smoothly, it definitely felt like one of the best. Aaron and I are like a well oiled machine in the kitchen now, and we also have Corey coming in at the end of our shift to help with dishes. We love Corey!

This week I made Spicy Ginger and Peanut Stew which is one of my favorites. You start with loads of chopped garlic, ginger, onions and chili peppers and then add broccoli and cauliflower florets, diced tomatoes, Braggs, Cayenne, and surprise...peanut butter!
If you thin it out, this also makes a delicious soup.

I served the stew over basmati rice which Aaron made me make myself. I couldn't believe it, 8lbs in one pot and it was still fluffy and beautiful. On the side was come crispy tofu on top of a sweet Asian slaw I made with red and green cabbage, carrots and onions and a dressing made from soy sauce, orange juice, garlic, ginger and rice vinegar.


Once again we had a nice crowd hanging around outside before we opened at 6pm and we completely sold out by about 9pm. This week we're cooking up tempeh burritos with zucchini, carrot and coriander served with my mom's cheesy rice and black bean and corn salad. Everything is vegan except for the rice and and a vegan rice will be available.

Well that's all for now, see you on Sunday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home