Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Smashed Potatoes and Roasted Sprouts


This past Sunday was nuts! We served close to 70 plates! I barely got out of the kitchen the whole night, so I apologize if I didn't get to say hello to you. The great thing is we're still getting new people in each week, some of which have never even been to the Brillobox!

So, I was surprised by how many people love brussels sprouts as much as I do! I always felt they were a misunderstood vegetable, but apparently people have finally come around. I don't know who made them fashionable but everybody seemed super excited to see them on the menu this week. And with good reason, they're delicious!

Tonight's were roasted with carrots and parsnips and tossed with chopped toasted walnuts, parsley, lemon and olive oil. This is a vegan version of a dish my mom made for the first time this past Thanksgiving. They totally don't need the parmesan cheese. They taste great hot, room temperature and straight out of the refrigerator.

As always, thanks to my old friend Pete for taking pictures and my new friend Aaron for being the best kitchen partner EVER. Click here to see more of Pete's great photos.

By the way, all the meals will continue to be vegan until after Lent is over. I gave up eggs and dairy, not for religious reasons but because I occasionally need to impose a little self discipline on myself. It's been surprisingly easy despite by being a self-proclaimed cheese-head. Anyhow I doubt you'll even notice. In fact I really hope you don't.

Coming this Sunday, April 1st if you can believe it...

(VEGAN by nature not by design) Coconut curry with crispy tofu, toasted cashews and Thompson raisins over basmati rice with mixed greens tossed with a ginger carrot dressing.

Full Dinner: $7
Second Helping (half portion): $3.50

If you've never been to the Brillobox, they also have an excellent selection of draft beers to accompany your meal which is truly a bonus.
Doors open at 6pm, so come on down!

Sunday Night Suppers are brought to you in part by the East End Food Coop, one of my favorite places to waste 2 hours. I swear it takes me 30 minutes just to get out of produce! Any how if you're not a member you should be! It just costs $100 which you can pay over a year's time and if you ever move you can get all your money back! THANKS KARA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home